Thursday, July 2, 2009

Yoshitomo Nara, my favorite artists of all time

Yoshitomo Nara - He is one of my favorite artists of all time.

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to check out a lot of his artworks in real life.
A few years ago I went to this art galleries / warehouse of a private collector and they own a few piece of his works including the Pup King and 
The Little Pilgrims. 

The King Pup and I met again in Art Basel that year. I even walked under him and THAT was the highlight of the whole show for me.

Then years later, we discover there’s a maid café in LA, Royal/T which also double as an art galleries showcasing the owner’s private collection. BTW, a must stop if you are into the Japanese contemporary art, yummy food & tea.

And there he is again, right in the front display window, oh King Pup, how I miss you. If only I can take you home with me.

Notice how my t-shirt got the puppy on it too, told you I'm a fan ^_^


To learn more about Yosh, http://www.blumandpoe.com/yoshitomonara
More about Royal/T, http://www.royal-t.org

No comments:

Post a Comment